Dr. Vinod Arya is a Professor of Mathematics at the University of North Texas at Dallas. His specialization is in the area of Applied Mathematics, Numerical Methods, and Finite-Element Method solutions of 'real-world' engineering problems. He is the author of a large number of research papers/technical/reports in his area of research. He has delivered invited key-note lectures, chaired sessions in prestigious conferences and organized several internal symposia himself. He has developed a software 'FLAPS' to aid the engineers in assessing/predicting the cyclic lives of structural components and also written associated manuals. He has had several funded research projects in his area of research. He is currently pursuing research in the above areas.
Refereed Journal and Proceedings Articles (Published)
1. Finite Element Analysis of Structural Engineering Problems Using a Viscoplastic Model Incorporating Two Back Stresses (with G. R. Halford). ASME Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 117, 2, pp. 377-383, 1995.
2. Efficient and Accurate Explicit Time-Integration Algorithms with Application to Viscoplastic Models. International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering, 39, pp. 261-279, 1996.
3. Large Displacement Structural Durability Analyses of Simple Bend Specimen Emulating Rocket Nozzle Liners (with G. R. Halford and L. J. Westfall). AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power. 12, 1, 1996.
4. Structurally-Compliant Rocket Engine Combustion Chamber - Experimental/Analytical Validation (with R.S. Jankovsky, J. M. Kazaroff, and G.R. Halford). AIAA Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, 32,4, pp. 645-652, 1995.
5. Kinetics of Oxidation and Cracking and Finite Element Analyses of MA956 and MA956/Sapphire Composite System (with K. N. Lee, G. R. Halford and C. A. Barrett). Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 27A, 3279-3291, Oct. 1996.
Non-Refereed Articles (Published)
1. Numerical Analysis of Creep-Damage in Structural Components. (with Shantaram S. Pai). Proceeding of International Conference on Computational Engineering Sciences, 2005.
2. Durability Effect of Repeated Thermal Decay of Stirling Convertor Heater Head Operating Temperature (with Dr. G.R. Halford). NASA-TM, 2005.
3. Computational Analysis of Inelastic Response of Ceramic Matrix Composites (with Dr. S. S. Pai). Proceedings of 2nd Joint International Conference of Computational Engineering, Vancouver, Canada, 2008.
1. FLAPS (Fatigue Life Analysis Programs) – Computer Programs to Predict Cyclic Life Using the Total Strain Version of StrainRange Partitioning and Other Life Prediction Methods. Users’ Manual and Example Problems. Version 1.0, 2003.
2. FLAPS (Fatigue Life Analysis Programs) – Computer Programs to Predict Cyclic Life Using the Total Strain Version of StrainRange Partitioning and Other Life Prediction Methods. Users’ Manual and Example Problems. Version 2.0, 2007.